Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Divine Mercy Chaplet

One of my favorite devotions other than the Rosary and talking to God in my own words is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. The prayer itself is miraculous. Of course it is - it was given to Saint Faustina from Jesus himself.   

One day, I was listening to EWTN Catholic Radio and the Divine Mercy Chaplet in song came on. It was and is the most beautiful song I've ever heard. It is produced by Trish Short and a sample of the song and a video can be found on www.divinemercyinsong.com

The images in the video were wonderful. Some brought me to tears, others brought great comfort. Viewing the short part of the video reminded me of what Jesus did for us. Who else would love us that much? If we, His people, really reflect on what Jesus did to save us from ourselves, we would detest all sin. From the most minor ones to the most serious.  

This Lenten season. let us reflect on what Jesus did for us. Let us remember it most when we are about to sin so that we can avoid that temptation. And while we're at it, we could always offer a chaplet. The greatest distraction from sin is prayer.




                                                    JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU! 

No comments: