Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How Great Thou Art

Twice in the last few weeks I've seen a marvelous work of art from none other than God Himself.

The first was a powerful rainbow shown to us a few weeks ago. The sky was as dark as night and it was raining. At the same time, there was also the sun breaking through. The result was the most vivid rainbow I have ever seen. I didn't have my camera with me, so I could not get the picture of the whole arc of the rainbow. I did get one when we got home, but the picture did not do the rainbow justice.

Another work of art was captured by NASA. It looks like a large hand reaching for a glowing crown of thorns. Some say it takes an imagination to see that. I don't know. To me, it's as obvious as the nose on your face. I am in awe of this beautiful creation. Check out this picture. Click the picture to view the story.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk
Picture taken by NASA

This photo encourages many thoughts in me. Skeptics might say that it's just nature, a natural act expected to occur in the vastness of outer space. I think that it is a message for us. One of hope. One of warning. One of a reminder.

Hope - That God is still here. He is still with us. Every once in a while, it seems, humanity needs to be reassured of this. Especially in these time when wrong choices are being made at will. I find it very fitting that the picture is circulating right around the Easter holidays.

Warning - That we should not forget about God and His commandments. So much wrong is going on in the world now - terrorism, abortions, stealing, cheating, broken families.. Eventually we all will be judged according to our actions. Could this be a warning? God is with us, but he's also watching us -aware of all the good --and bad, we do.

Reminder - That God loves us. He was with us in the beginning of time, He was with us in Jesus' time and He is with us now. He loves us and wants us to be with Him in Heaven. Of course, the choice is ours. If we choose the wrong path, it will not lead us to God in Heaven.






1 comment:

Carol Brooke said...

Jennifer! This image is amazing! Chills ran all through me as I realized it's sprititual impact.